New tips and tricks
Do Not Disturb while driving.
To enable this feature, open the Settings app and tap on Do Not Disturb. Scroll down to the section labeled ‘Do Not Disturb While Driving’ and tap on Activate. Now select the Automatically option.
Snap Live Photos on FaceTime.
Siri a better translator.
Move a number of applications together.
1. Tap and hold an app until it starts wiggling.
2. Next, touch and hold on an app that you wish to move and drag it to an empty area. Do not let go of the app just yet.
3. Using another finger, tap on other apps that you'd like to move together in a group.
4. Once you're done selecting the apps to be moved, drag them to a different page on the Home screen and let go. All the selected apps will be placed there.
Type with just one hand.
1. When viewing the stock iOS keyboard, tap and hold on the globe (or emoji) icon in the bottom left side of the keyboard.
2. This opens a menu with a list of available keyboards and also displays three icons at the bottom.
3. Tap on either the first or the third icon to enable one-handed keyboard.
Built in Scanner on your iPhone.
By default, the scanner is set to Auto mode. If you wish to scan documents manually, then you have to switch to Manual mode.
Share you password without trying to remember it.
It can be a hassle to type or give out your long, complicated password to each and everyone who wants to connect to your Wi-Fi. iOS 11 solves this problem with an innovative new feature called ‘Share Your Wi-Fi’ which does exactly what it says.
Now, if a friend’s device running iOS 11 tries to join a Wi-Fi network that you’re connected to, your iOS device will get a simple pop-up asking if you’d like to share the network’s password. Tap “Send Password” and your friend’s device will automatically connect to the network. The only requirement is that both of you should have iOS 11 installed, and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth toggles turned on.
Apple now allows you to customise your control Centre.
- Open the Settings app and go to Control Center.
- Tap Customize Controls.
- Here you’ll view a list of all the controls that can be added to Control Center. Press the + button next to a control to add it to Control Center or press the – button to remove it. To reposition a control, tap and hold the dragger next to it and move it to the position you want.
Apple had now added the ability to record your screen.
Use the camera application to scan QR codes.
Different Intensity Settings for Flashlight.
To adjust the light intensity, 3D Touch or tap and hold on its icon in Control Center to expand it, then choose the light intensity that you want.
How to send iMessage with Screen effects